MAP is committed to innovation, and more importantly, positioning your college savings investments for optimal performance throughout the lifetime of your account. As such, we are transitioning the current age-based investment portfolios to enrollment year investment portfolios, offering the flexibility to choose the expected year of enrollment in school for your beneficiary or to choose enrollment year investment portfolios that more closely aligns with your investment objectives and risk tolerance.
In addition, MAP will introduce a new online account management system improving the overall investor experience and making college savings even easier.
MAP account owner information, including historical information, account preferences and investment selections will automatically transition to the new system.
After the transition, you will need to create a new username and password to access your account online. The following items are required to complete the new registration process:
- Your current or new MAP account number
- Account Owner Social Security Number
- Account Owner Zip Code
Payroll Direct Deposit Update (for MAP account owners who contribute by paycheck)
Because your MAP account number and the bank routing information will change, any direct deposit contributions submitted by employers after June 11, 2020 will be returned unless direct deposit instructions are updated. If you currently contribute to your account through payroll direct deposit, you will receive a letter containing instructions required to update your payroll direct deposit.
New Payroll Direct Deposit Contributions
The establishment of new payroll contributions is temporarily discontinued as of May 1, 2020 to prepare for the transition. New payroll direct deposit contributions may be established after the account management transition on June 15, 2020.
IMPORTANT TRANSITION DATES
Thursday, June 11, 2020
No transaction activity will be processed beginning at 4:00 p.m. ET until after the transition. To make it easier for online account access post-transition, make note of your current account number and download your most recent account statement.
Friday, June 12, 2020
The website and phone center will be unavailable beginning at 4:00 p.m. ET until after the transition.
- Your account will automatically transition to the new account management system.
- If you are currently invested in an age-based investment portfolio, your account balance(s) will automatically transfer to a new enrollment year investment portfolio.
Monday, June 15, 2020
Transaction activity resumes as normal.
- In order to access your account online, you will need to create a new username on or after June 15, 2020 using your old account number or your new 11-character account number (9 character + 2-digit extension).
- You will receive a confirmation statement with your new MAP account number by mail, or if you have elected eDelivery, a confirmation statement will be delivered to your online account.